Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things considered impolite by foreign people  (Read 62457 times)

Andy72

Re: Things considered impolite by foreign people
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »

Haiying,

i think not only in china, foreigners learn first the bad habits!!!

i am italian, but i lived 15 years in norway before moving to china.. experienced a lot of what you say, both on me and just watching around!

about behaving differently than in the home country, also this is completely normal!!
and it applies to every place i hav been and lived.. to every nationality!!
chinese in norway are not like chinese in china (i had a relationship with a chinese girl there and got to know several chinese, both students and workers!).

about what chinese think it is impolite in china and we laowai makes mistake, why don't you have a look at my blog as well (unfortunately you need to jump over the wall!) and your thoughts there as well:

http://aikidude.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/things-impolite-in-china/

about the being drunk part.. i remember when i just moved to norway i had been shocked by the drinking habits of the locals: at 3am (closing time of almost all places in norway) all roads were filled by completely drunk norwegians of all ages (from youngsters to grandmas!!!) saying it was disgusting is too little!!
seeing women the age of my mother passed out in their own vomit on the curb was something i did not expect..
so i do understand you!!

about the rude talking.... mmhhh... once one understand more chinese.. wo kao here "ge pi" there.. "sha b*" up and down.. you got your share as well!!
the thing is we do not understand it as easily as you do..
 ;)

i admit anyway i am learning faster the slang and bad words than the "normal" chinese.. my bad!!!!

anyway, very happy to have locals interacting in these boards!!!!

we wish to have more!!!

Haiying

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »

:)  Thanks for your frankness.

Andy72

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 02:03:01 AM »

no thanks!!! 不用谢!!!

we are her (or at least i am) to know more and learn more from each other, and in Hefei it is not always easy to get open heart comments from locals!

so please, keep posting!

about the things that chinese consider impolite, i have learnt most during english corners at a local uni (i'm not an english teacher, but i have enjoyed very much these chances to learn about chinese student life and point of views)

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:45 AM »

I got soo many... Bad Habits!  ;D

Love that song.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products