Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lemon Thai Restaurant???? Anyone know what happened???  (Read 3290 times)

brad75074

Lemon Thai Restaurant???? Anyone know what happened???
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »

My wife and I tried to go to the Lemon Thai Restaurant tonight off of Jinzhai Lu, but were shocked to find that it was closed down.  Upon looking inside, it looked like a bomb went off inside the restaurant and that the place was left suddenly.  Broken glass, partially caved in ceiling, a total wreck on the inside.  Anyone have ideas as to what happened?  This was one of our favorite restaurants in Hefei.  If you know what happened please message me.

-Brad

nomadbr

Re: Lemon Thai Restaurant???? Anyone know what happened???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:50:58 AM »

I was surprised to read this because I ate there just a few days ago and the place was packed. My co-worker called them and the official reply was that they are under renovations, but no word on when it will open again, apparently it depends on how things go, mmm... Too bad, I loved that place too!

brad75074

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:05 AM »

Thanks for checking into to that for us!  I wonder what really happened....  It looked more like "forced renovations" by a disgruntled party.  Hopefully it will be back soon. 

nomadbr

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:05:01 AM »

You are welcome! I was actually planning to go there tonight... bummer. I also wonder what really happened, the place certainly didn't seem to need any major renovation.
If anyone finds out the re-opening date please keep us posted :)

nomadbr

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:18 AM »

Thanks for the update Paul!
Pages: [1]   Go Up