Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road bicycles and unicycles  (Read 4710 times)

Virginia9742

Road bicycles and unicycles
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:49:14 AM »

So I had my bicycle stolen a few months ago, and with the weather warming up, I feel the need to replace it!  I was going to get a cheapie second-hand bike, but I realized I want to bike outside of Hefei to Chao Lake and other places.  So I want to find a road bike.  Yesterday I went to a Giant bicycle dealer, but they only have heavy mountain bikes.  I know Wal-mart only carries moutain bikes as well.  Anyone know of a place that sells road bikes?

I am also looking for a unicycle, since I saw a little girl riding one two days ago, and for the hell of it :)

Virginia9742

Re: Road bicycles and unicycles
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:44:01 AM »

Thanks, 大枪 !  I had a friend who was helping me get a bike off of Taobao, which probably is the best way to do it (cheap, many choices), but I am too impatient!

The taxi driver didn't know the address for Oyama, so I went to Merida.

I now have a decent road bike and accessories :)  The bike was about 2400 kuai.  They actually didn't have the one I wanted, so the girl ran to another branch to get it for me.  They were very nice and helpful!

I will probably also get a cheapie bike, just for commuting short distances.  I'm thinking rusty and pink colored...

Virginia9742

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:28:27 AM »

I also made it to Oyama, the shop is pretty far to the north of Hefei.  They have a similar selection of bicycles, but less accessories (although they did have some different accessories than Merida).  The clerk was definitely less helpful at Oyama.

Virginia9742

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:02:32 AM »

For unicycles - definitely Taobao.
Pages: [1]   Go Up