Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrefour and.. metro?  (Read 16952 times)

Andy72

Carrefour and.. metro?
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:01:33 AM »

I have been told there are 2 carrefour and one other big shopping place where to find some more western oriented items..
not that i missthem yet, but i'd like to have a look..

i found info that one Carrefour is on Chang Jiang Lu: which side? east, center of west?

can you give me few info about the other places?

thx folks!

andy

Andy72

Re: Carrefour and.. metro? NO, Wal-mart!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:06:07 AM »

ok.. silly me..
i did what i'm best at: googling!

http://apps.ah.gov.cn/showcontent.asp?newsid=1662

;D

not for you experts, but for future newbies like me!

junjuncayacap

Re: Carrefour and.. metro?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »

Andy,
There are actually 3, the first 2 are in the link that you provided and the 3rd one is near Yuanyi Guanghang and Walmart. It should be 1 block at the back of the Yuanyi Guanchang. You cannot miss it since there is a big sign at the top of the building.

As for the Metro, here is the website, you can check the Hefei branch promotional e-brochure. I go there 2-3 times each month. You need a membership card in order to go inside and purchase something there (or maybe not anymore this time, am not sure  ???). You can call 3478888. This is situated in the intersection of Huizhou Dadao and another street in which I don't know the name. If I go there by taxi, I will just tell the driver "Mai De Long (in chinese accent)" and fortunately the driver can understand.  ;D

http://www.metro.cn/metro/front.do

juncay

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:30:45 AM by junjuncayacap »

junjuncayacap

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:28:01 AM »

Hey Andy,
If you have plans to visit Metro, just drop me a mail, maybe I can meet you there. I have my company's Metro card always with me. It seems no local in my company is shopping there.

juncay

Andy72

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »

Thanks a lot!!

I will have to definitively check this all out..

See you around somewhere..
 ;D

Andy

chowder

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »

Hey Andy,
If you have plans to visit Metro, just drop me a mail, maybe I can meet you there. I have my company's Metro card always with me. It seems no local in my company is shopping there.

juncay

Hi Jun,

Me and my family also shop at Metro but only once a month because it's quite far far away from our place. I think the metro card is not a need anymore,you can buy goods without it. O love shopping there because there are a lot of imported goods and a lot of choices  :) :)...

Andy72

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 12:30:56 AM »

Chowder, thx for the info!!!

One of these days then i'll pay a visit there..

far far away for me too.. :)))

mmhf

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »

The Carrefours on Ma An  Shan Lu is much less crowded than the on on ChangJiangXiLu, in my experience.

Ma An Shan Lu is all torn up because they're building a light rail, so it is actually only accessible by Tunxi Lu, but I always tell cabbies "Ma An Shan Lu  Jialefu" and they know how to get there.

The foreign goods sections in each one are a little different.

The ChangJiang one has a little refrigerator in their foreign section with Lurpak butter and sometimes cheese in it.

The dry goods section at the Ma An Shan Lu one is bigger, and has Doritos, tortilla chips, and I think more dried pasta and flow and cake batter and things like that.

I like the MaAnShan Lu one better, on account of the less crowds, but also because I live right behind it.

I was driving in a taxi the other night and passed a big Tesco somewhere, I wonder if anyone is familiar with it and whether it has any foreign stuff?

I'm not sure where it is, except that it's by an HSBC bank, which I also discovered for the first time on the same taxi ride.

chowder

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 02:06:41 AM »

Tesco is along Suixi Lu, the same road as HSBC.

Tesco has a limited foreign products and prices are a bit higher compared to other supermarkets like RT Mart....

Andy72

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »

i went to the  Ma An Shan Lu one.. with all the road works in the front..
i admit that it is good to see soem foreigner products, but i as not impressed.. not really worth going there for buying pasta barilla and pesto  :)
maybe once per couple of months.. given it's a long way, but i can do it by bus and 20 minutes walking..

i was in fact surprised it was quite empty.. almost no line at the cashier..
of the few things i really wanted/needed (mostly house stuff) one was missing, but there is at the chinese large store not too far from my place.. quite strange, since it was not a special product (extension hoose for the washing machine water exhaust)..

about the cheese, i expected (hoped!) to find it at the shop.. i see i'm not the only one that checks for it :)

going to get some cheese in the weekend though..

cheers and thx!

andy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:19:49 AM by Andy72 »

junjuncayacap

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »

Tesco is along Suixi Lu, the same road as HSBC.

Tesco has a limited foreign products and prices are a bit higher compared to other supermarkets like RT Mart....

Yes, TESCO is in the corner of Suixi Lu and Qianshan Lu. 

I always pass at this store when visiting the vet but I never had the chance to get in though.

juncay

Andy72

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »

My short review of the Carrefour trip...

;D

http://aikidude.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/carrefour

junjuncayacap

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

Hahaha! I laughed at your post with the big NO in the cellphone.... better luck next time... ;D

Really try METRO, you can find a lot (if not all) of cheese there... I always get the cheese there for our home cooked pizza...

And for the vitamins, try any pharmacies in the downtown area, there are good ones with a lower price. I always buy mine in Changjiang Zhong Lu, the pharmacy beside the main Bank Of China.

juncay

Andy72

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »

thanks man!!!

both for cheese and vitamins...

AND big thx for visiting the blog.. mostly for friends and relatives back in old europe.. but appreciated when ppl here read too!!

the NO is, as said, a step back to.. normality ;)))
she's sweet anyway!

take care!

andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up