Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hefei Football League  (Read 8114 times)

rht1786

Hefei Football League
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »

Hello hello,

I'm making an effort to develop a league in Hefei. I'll be approaching the Universities and asking for the Sports Chairs of the Students' Unions to help organize the league.

If anybody would like to contribute, I am at the stage where I am collecting contact information (phone numbers & e-mails) for the Sports Chairs or whichever students are in charge of football clubs or football organizations at these schools. If anybody has contacts at universities or would like to help me find these people, please e-mail me at rand.herz@gmail.com. The representatives / sports chairs need to be responsible for keeping up-to-date rosters of teams, coordinating match scheduling, and organizing university football clubs or coordinating with a person with similar responsibility.

Additionally, I need someone who would like to take responsibility to act as a representative / organizer for the foreigners' football team, Athletico Hefei. Hills, next time I see you in person I'll run this by you. This person also needs to to be responsible for keeping an up-to-date roster of the team, coordinating match scheduling, and organizing the club. Of course, for Athletico Hefei or any university club there may be a team captain/coach who organizes the club and a league representative who coordinates scheduling, so duties are divided.

All of these positions are on a volunteer basis.

I am planning to approach (or have already approached) the following universities to discuss with them organizing a league:
Anhui University
Anhui Agricultural University
Anhui Medical University
Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Hefei University
Anhui University of Architecture
University of Science and Technology of China
Anhui University of International Economy
Anhui University of Technology

I have also drawn up a list of potential fields, although I do not know if any of them are equipped with lights, which would allow for night games.

The viability of developing a night league or futsal league is also under discussion. If you are interested in these, then please post it here. These ideas are still at the concept stage, and in development.

Cheers,
Rand Herz

Hills

• Standing Member
  • HFConnect APP
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hefei Football League
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:49 AM »

Good idea Rand,I'm in............. don't forget to include the  hefei foreign students' team on the list..Abbas is incharge
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:27:34 AM by Hills »

HeShizi

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 02:24:44 AM »

Is this still an active idea? Have you made any progress? I'll be coming to Hefei soon from Jamaica. Going to AMU. I'd love to tryout for the football league.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 04:49:58 AM »

I'll put you in contact with the soccer when you arrive.
No real try-outs required.  It's purely social but they love to win.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products
Pages: [1]   Go Up