Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to Hefei Next Month  (Read 1842 times)

djlpio

• View Profile
    • Email
Moving to Hefei Next Month
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I'll be moving to Hefei next month with my girlfriend. I'm originally from Hong Kong so have a "home visit permit" and she'll be on a tourist visa and then applying for a work permit. We are going to be moving from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

1) What kind of budget should we be looking at for a moderately nice 2-3 bedroom apartment in a nice/clean neighborhood? Any recommendations?

2) Other than rent, what other things should we be accounting for that might be costly when we first arrive?

3) We currently have 4 cats that we want to bring into Hefei. I have read that if we go through Shanghai, we are only allowed to bring 1 pet each and they would need to be quarantined for up to 30 days. Would it be easier if we go through Nanjing and then taking taxi/train to Hefei? Is there any way we can bring 2 cats each?

I'm not sure if there is anything i'm missing as our timeline is little tight so i welcome any advice for us from everyone!

Thanks,
Jeffrey

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Hefei Next Month
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:56:36 AM »

1. You can get a nice 2-3BR/2Bath apartment for about 2,500RMB/Mo. Your school or employer should provide you with an apartment, or at the very least help you look for one. Best advice is to work close to your place of employment. Typically, everything you'll need will be within walking or biking distance.

2. Nothing is extremely costly. But, you'll probably want a mattress, bed sheets, pillows, kitchenware (i.e. pots, pans, silverware), cookware (i.e. microwave, oven, dish rack), and other home amenities (i.e. internet, cell phone). Be weary of getting a 'furnished apartment' as they are very, very, basic. Its highly recommend you ask for pictures, or see the places yourself before you get one.

3. It should be one pet per passport, and it should be on a Z-Visa. I'm not sure your 'Home Visit Permit' would work. Your best bet would be to contact an animal import service directly. It's going to be relatively expensive though, a minimum of a few hundred dollars for one animal, and probably a thousand or more for multiple animals.

I wouldn't recommend brining the cats.

Jameahan

• View Profile
Re: Moving to Hefei Next Month
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »

I am very pleased to be a member here. In order for me to access the data fully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up