Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recruiter inquiry - Ray Edu. Group  (Read 7625 times)

ninja8rabbit

• View Profile
Recruiter inquiry - Ray Edu. Group
« on: June 06, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »

Hello folks,

I'm in the midst of taking on a new contract in Hefei  (Hefei Institute of Technology), however, communication with the recruiter has become spotty and questions are not getting answered.  They (Carrie @ Ray Education Group) has told me everything is in order, but my gut is still unsure.  Perhaps people are just busy, or perhaps not.  The school seems to have a strong reputation, but I've found nothing about the recruitment company.  Not sure exactly what I'm looking for other than if anyone has had any experiences - with the recruitment company or the school itself. 

Thanks for any input..

Jason
''I'm not afraid to die like a man fighting, but I would not like to be killed like a dog unarmed.'

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiter inquiry - Ray Edu. Group
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

Hello folks,

I'm in the midst of taking on a new contract in Hefei  (Hefei Institute of Technology), however, communication with the recruiter has become spotty and questions are not getting answered.  They (Carrie @ Ray Education Group) has told me everything is in order, but my gut is still unsure.  Perhaps people are just busy, or perhaps not.  The school seems to have a strong reputation, but I've found nothing about the recruitment company.  Not sure exactly what I'm looking for other than if anyone has had any experiences - with the recruitment company or the school itself. 

Thanks for any input..

Jason

My suggestion would be to contact the school directly.

I personally have never heard of this recruiting agency, but most recruiting agencies are a little .... strange.

Ask the recruiting company for contact information of the school and send the school an email directly.

computer_says_no

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 07:19:29 AM »

I suggest you do NOT use a Chinese recruiter--ever. Contact the university directly.

Hefei University of Technology is a reputable university in Hefei. Here's a link to their international office: http://international.hfut.edu.cn/ (The English version of these pages contains less comprehensive information than the Chinese pages). Contact Us button is down the bottom.

The generic job advertisement from HUT (in Chinese) is here: http://international.hfut.edu.cn/bs_zhuanjia.php

The person I would try to contact first is:

Hu Jia hfuthujia@hfut.edu.cn or hujia818@msn.com
Tel: 0551-62905565 or 0551-2901076 Fax: 0551-62905565
Hefei University of Technology Mail International Affairs 22
Office Address: 193 Tunxi Rd, Hefei (South Campus) Office Room 413, Building 1

If you really have difficulties contacting HUT direct, contact the China Foreign Teachers Union http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.com/ (see their post Tuesday, May 5, 2015). They can help you.

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:51:49 AM »

I wouldn't dismiss Chinese recruiting services off the bat, but they do require vigilance so you don't get screwed. I keep a few Chinese recruiters on my WeChat and QQ in case shit hits the fan and I need a job quick or I desire part time work. They can be a good resource, but be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The key is to never trust them. Always assume they're pulling the wool over your eyes and fact check everything they say. Never take their word as truth. That's my philosophy at least.

Most recruiting agencies are middlemen for schools. They get a list of what their clients are looking for and then match applicants with what their clients desire. You can usually demand the contact information of the school they want to place you. If they don't want to give that to you, stop dealing with them.

Also, NEVER pay for placement. These companies should get paid by the schools they're finding placements for. If a placement agency wants you to pay them, stop dealing with them immediately.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:56:48 AM by x0vash0x »

ninja8rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

Yep, all sound advice. 

My suspicions raised when the recruiter hesitated to give med contact info of other foreign teachers at HUT.  And now, three weeks later, she has given me a contact but the persons email domain is clearly the same as the recruitment company - and not the school itself. 

Furthermore, the school is a university, but my position is teaching secondary grades 10-12, which seems a little odd.

I'll put some work towards the contacts computer_says_no provided.

Thanks for all the input..

J
''I'm not afraid to die like a man fighting, but I would not like to be killed like a dog unarmed.'

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »

Yep, all sound advice.  

My suspicions raised when the recruiter hesitated to give med contact info of other foreign teachers at HUT.  And now, three weeks later, she has given me a contact but the persons email domain is clearly the same as the recruitment company - and not the school itself.  

Furthermore, the school is a university, but my position is teaching secondary grades 10-12, which seems a little odd.

I'll put some work towards the contacts computer_says_no provided.

Thanks for all the input..

Some universities have affiliated high schools. I believe HFUT has an affiliated high school, I think it's called 合肥工业大学附属中学. After a quick search, that is the name of the affiliated high school. Here's the school's website: http://www.hfgdfz.net

I know Hu Jia works for the university itself. I'm not sure if she is responsible for anything regarding the high school. But, she might point you in the right direction.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:56:17 PM by x0vash0x »

MeiYouPengYou

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »

She has given me a contact but the persons email domain is clearly the same as the recruitment company - and not the school itself. 

A new hope with regards to life's feast.

computer_says_no

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 02:41:03 AM »

x0vash0x is right. There are some reputable Chinese recruiters but they are in the small minority.

You've always gotta be wary of handing over your personal information to recruiters because many of them make money by selling your stuff on to others. ESL recruiting is where most of the ID theft problems occur. The first thing they'll request up front is a copy of your passport, CV, and a photo.

The China Foreign Teacher's Union has started an excellent initiative. It's a database of direct HR contacts for reputable ESL employers across China. You can't search it openly on the internet (because the listed schools get inundated with enquiries). However, you can Skype the CFTU and they'll help you get in contact with the relevant HR staff directly. I'm sure if you have a school/university in mind that's not listed in their database, they'd be willing to contact them directly on your behalf if it means eliminating the possibility of using a recruiter.

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 01:32:06 AM »

So, old thread, but I was contacted directly by Ray Education Group recently. They operate A-Level Centers in China.

This is their official website:http://www.rayglobal.org or for English http://en.rayglobal.org/
Here's the LinkedIn of Hao Xu (Deputy Manager): https://www.linkedin.com/in/hao-xu-37a94321
Assistant to CEO: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jolee-cai-18a8458b

If anyone has future questions, you can contact me, or these people directly.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:35:39 AM by x0vash0x »
Pages: [1]   Go Up