Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying a road bike in Hefei.  (Read 5801 times)

Christos

Buying a road bike in Hefei.
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:51:11 AM »

Hello,

I've been living in Hefei for just over a year now. I'm interested in buying a decent (by western standards) road bicycle. Specialized, Raleigh, Cannondale are brands that come to mind.
Would anyone know of a good cycle shop that sells said brands or even better where I might get a good second-hand road-bike.
I'ts unfortunate that they mostly sell cheap mountain bikes in stores I've seen so far.

Thanks

x0vash0x

Re: Buying a road bike in Hefei.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »

Well, the first answer to buying things in China is always tmall.com or taobao.com

However, I assume you'd want to ride the bike or see it in person before you buy it. I'm not sure what stores you've been too, but I assume you've been to the Giant stores and weren't too impressed.

In any case, going to the Specialized website gives you the address....

合肥SPECIALIZED概念店
蜀山区黄山路455号新华学府花园4幢商住楼102-202
合肥市, 安徽省 中国
LIGUANG@SOFTBIRD.CN

If you want an authorized Cannondale dealer you'd have to go to Shanghai

Cycling Sports Group China
 Room 205, No.3203, Minhang District
 Hong Mei Road, Shanghai, China
 Post code: 201103
 tel: +86-21-6446-8999 ext 12
 fax: +86-21-6465-6570

Couldn't find anything about Raleigh.

In any case, you might be able to find these bikes in other shops, but I'm not sure I'd trust if they were real or not unless you know how to spot a fake.

Christos

Re: Buying a road bike in Hefei.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »

Thanks for the info. Will probably be going to Specialized this weekend.

I was using Firefox to access the dealer locator on the specialized site but wasn't working. After your comment I tried Chrome and IE and worked.
Just fyi their QQ is :144813766 and WeChat/WeiXin:specializedHF.

Being a designer I'd be able to spot a fake and wouldn't buy on the spot without taking some photos and comparing on internet in case of slightest doubt.

I found a couple deals on hf.58.com and hf.ganji.com but nothing compared to what you'd find on ebay in UK. Probably not worth it as sizes are generally Medium and price reduction on second-hand not too impressive.

JoshuaJax

• ICQ Messenger - 335656687
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canada online pharmacies
    • View Profile
    • Email
-
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 07:31:18 AM »

Re: Need advice for buying bike.

Thanks for the information. Now, as I have enough time before buying this, I decided to wait till then to check for the new arrivals, if any. As of now, I am on RC200 or RC390.

DaDaubs

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - Restoration of the bathrooms
    • View Profile
    • Restoration of the bathrooms
    • Email
-
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 11:48:02 AM »

thank you for moving the post
i like mountain biking alot, but lately just having to many problems with the bike and not worth the  to go and get it fixed again, the road bike is pretty good to me, its just a matter of fixing a flat now and then.

anybody have a Scott mountain bike? how is it compared to other brands you have ridden?
Pages: [1]   Go Up