Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drug tests... Read before you judge  (Read 10175 times)

That one guy

• View Profile
Drug tests... Read before you judge
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:40:02 AM »

Okay so I live in Colorado so its perfectly legal here for me to smoke weed. I dont smoke on the daily but do occasionally with friends. Do you guys know if ESL teachers are required drug tests during their physicals? Or know anyone who has? This IS a serious question. I haven't smoked for a while since i'm not that fond of it but i don't want a little thing like that ruin my opportunity.

luiz_iniciante

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Drug tests... Read before you judge
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:08:22 AM »

Could you please write more extensively about your recreational drug use on this public internet forum?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:10:14 AM by luiz_iniciante »

That one guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:03 AM »

Could you please write more extensively about your recreational drug use on this public internet forum?

Why? You tryin to get some?  8)

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »

No. The form they give you is pretty straight forward and they're looking for communicable diseases more than anything else (i.e. AIDS, TB, Hep.). See below for the medical form you need your doctor to fill out...

You also have to get a physical in China, but no drug testing either.

I also don't know of any places that require drug testing while teaching. I know of a few people who smoke on occasion, and it's never posed a problem for them in regards to employment. I mean, obviously they never showed up high to work, but recreationally, it hasn't been a problem for those who I know.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:49:47 AM by x0vash0x »

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:23 PM »

Regardless of whether someone has a toke or 2, it is still illegal...

Like any culture or society, recreational use is more tolerated in this day and age. 
Testing is not done for travelers to or from China however it does not make it OK in the eyes of the police and many Chinese.

There is a risk especially if Chinese are involved.  The police must do something about it.
Foreigners have been dealt with when reported for recreational use of weed and hashish although the consequences have not been harsh.

If a person is selling, the consequences are more severe and may result in deportation never to be able to return.

If someone imports or moves quantity around China, the penalty can be death.

Your life is in your own hands.

Note
This post is based on other foreigners experiences and my conversations.
Ventures and Partners

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 11:30:09 PM »

Regardless of whether someone has a toke or 2, it is still illegal...

Like any culture or society, recreational use is more tolerated in this day and age. 
Testing is not done for travelers to or from China however it does not make it OK in the eyes of the police and many Chinese.

There is a risk especially if Chinese are involved.  The police must do something about it.
Foreigners have been dealt with when reported for recreational use of weed and hashish although the consequences have not been harsh.

If a person is selling, the consequences are more severe and may result in deportation never to be able to return.

If someone imports or moves quantity around China, the penalty can be death.

Your life is in your own hands.

Note
This post is based on other foreigners experiences and my conversations.

You're not going to get the death penalty for smoking weed. The death penalty is for trafficking, not using. I'm also not sure what you mean by 'There is a risk especially if Chinese are involved' there's always a risk because what you're doing is illegal. I mean, I guess you're saying 'You can trust buying and using drugs from foreigners more than Chinese' which I would say is generally true.

Personally, I don't think doing anything illegal is a good idea. But, for those who simply must have a hit, its possible to do so with little risk. Just be smart about it.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 06:33:30 AM »

If you read for comprehension you'll see I implied just that.

I restate that If it's amongst foreigner friends, likey you wouldn't even be noticed.
When Chinese report or are involved in any way, the police MUST do something about it.
If you are caught moving quantities around China or moving it across borders, the max penalty is death.

Quite a few foreigners have received the death penalty for smuggling drugs.
Many have been deported for selling to and sharing with Chinese.
I don't know of any cases for enjoying a toke with foreign friends.

The fact remains that it is illegal in China.

My personal view is it should be decriminalised as legal alcohol causes more social problems than weed or hashish.

Hope that make it clear for readers.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:41:56 AM by Aussie Mike »
Ventures and Partners
Pages: [1]   Go Up