China > About China

[RANT] People here just don't listen!

(1/1)

rgeczi:
Ok, commence rant.

I don't know if it's just me and the people I choose to associate with, but it seems that some people REALLY don't listen or respect your wishes.  I won't go into all the details, but, in your life, work and personal, you ideally want to be surrounded by people that respect your wishes, if they are not so outlandish.  This is a mutual respect people should have, it doesn't matter where in the globe you are from, when someone asks you to not do something, and says it's important, yet they do it anyways, then you have a serious breakdown in your neck of the woods.

I told someone, to not contact ______, yet they did, MULTIPLE times, even though I kept reminding this person to not do so.  If there is any communication problems, it can easily be handled via the translator that they have, and that I spoke with well on numerous occasions.

What would you do or feel in my situation?  Keep in mind, this is not like "hey, don't put mushrooms on my pizza" because you don't like it, and they do.  This is a serious situation, that I do not want them to contact so and so person.  I have my reasons, and they were clearly mentioned to them, and the translator.  So again, what would you do or feel?

In the end, I chose not cooperate with them, and will soon mention to the boss of why I won't be there next month.

Some people REALLY just don't listen.

RANT DONE.  Thanks.

Aussie Mike:
Oh, I know that feeling...

Especially when I was constructing the back area of the club.
I even drew pictures of the design and clearly explained the reasons why it had to be done my way.
I now have huge holes where the rain pours in off the roof and down the walls.

I should have been there when they did it but they waited till I had to go to work.

For other situations, what annoys me most is that they agree and show you they understand what you want then ignore all and do things or not regardless. It is not misunderstanding, it's stupidity.

What surprises them the most, is when you get annoyed, they become offended and won't do anything about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version