Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best english course  (Read 8696 times)

luiz_iniciante

best english course
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:44:41 am »

Insofar as it is possible, give me your unbiased opinion on which would be the best english language course for an adult to enroll in. As a foreigner, I'm acutely aware that many if not most English language schools prioritize making money over teaching, advertising their of 'foreign teachers' as a kind of bait to get kid's parents on hook. So please don't just say your school and then give me its very creaky spiel. I want to know which one offers the best value for money? Where would you actually send your children if you really wanted them to learn English?

x0vash0x

Re: best english course
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:09:49 am »

I think you have two options.

1. New Oriental (http://english.neworiental.org). They are extremely popular, have good teachers, a wide range of classes, and schedules, and many different locations. I have never heard someone disparage new oriental.

2. David's Language School. There's no website, but many of the foreigners know (Chinese) David. He's a very reputable and upstanding individual who is running his own training school. He was formerly the district manager of training schools in Wuhan and gives lectures on how to teach NCE. He's knowledgably, friendly, and will at the very least sit down and talk to you candidly about what he can and cannot do for you. I would highly suggest giving him a call: 15056917799. You can also see him at Shipyard or Stone and Wood every so often as well.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:11 am »

Vision Mandarin Website
The best reports come from this school.

Otherwise AnDa University has Chinese courses which also get good reports.

One day I will choose between these.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:54:43 am by Aussie Mike »
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

luiz_iniciante

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:54:27 am »

Thanks for the tips!
Pages: [1]   Go Up