Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transport info. for new airport  (Read 11389 times)

bao luo

transport info. for new airport
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:34:57 AM »

The new Xin Qiao airport is now open for business and it's 31.8 km from the city center.

I took a ride out there today. A straight run (no traffic) to the airport by car took 40 minutes from Hefei. A straight run back to Hefei by shuttle bus also took 40 minutes.

Taxis

A taxi will cost about 120 yuan one way (confirmed with a driver). You also have to pay 10 yuan toll to get onto the airport expressway. At the moment, it's not clear how willing Hefei taxi drivers are to go out there. So maybe don't cut it fine with taxis if you're trying to make your flight. At the airport itself, there was a ready supply of taxis to take people back to Hefei.

Buses

There are currently 4 shuttle bus lines that run to and from Xin Qiao:

Line 1: Hefei Bus Station (Mingguang Rd) Héféi qìchē zhàn (míngguāng lù) 合肥汽车站(明光路) 06:00-20:30
Line 2: Hefei Car Passenger terminal (Zhanqian Rd) Qìchē kèyùn zǒngzhàn (zhàn qián lù) 汽车客运总站(站前路) 05:40-20:30
Line 3: South Gate Transfer Center (Susong Rd) Nán mén huàn chéng zhōngxīn (sù sōng lù) 南门换乘中心(宿松路)06:00-18:00
Line 4: City Air Terminal (Shouchun Rd) Chéngshì hángzhàn lóu (shòu chūn lù) 城市航站楼 (寿春路) 06:00-19:00

At the airport, the first buses don't begin returning to Hefei until 08:40.

**Note** If the Hefei flight schedule is not convenient, Nanjing airport can also be used as a feeder airport. Hefei railway station to Nanjing south station is about 45 mins/60RMB then at the station transfer to a shuttle bus to Nanjing Lukou airport (20 mins/20 RMB).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:58:33 AM by 大枪 »

Andy72

Re: transport to Xinqiao
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:59 AM »

Thanks a lot!!!!

Exactly the info I have been looking for on the net and found nothing so good!!

rgeczi

Re: transport info. for new airport
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »

Yeah, this info sure does come in handy.  Thanks a bunch.

At the moment, I think I will go the Nanjing to HK route, as it is cheaper, even factoring in the train and shuttle to Nanjing Airport, by 500RMB.  Current comparison for flights to HK in December are:

Hefei to HK flight:  2073RMB return flight, including taxes and so on

Nanjing to HK flight:  1585RMB return flight, including taxes and the stuff mentioned before (train and shuttle to NJ)

I can use that saved 500RMB for accommodations in HK, with some left over for food.  Can't go wrong with that at all.

rgeczi

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »

Wow, that is a great option.  For my next month's trip, the prices to Shenzhen from Nanjing are:

80RMB for travel to Nanjing from Hefei, including shuttle within Nanjing

1030RMB for travel to Shenzhen (return ticket incl.) from Nanjing

Only thing now is to know the train cost from Shenzhen to HK, then I can calc. the costs.  Where it stands now, is a total cost of 1110RMB, which leaves 475RMB to play with for train costs.  If the 1 hour train ride is less than 475RMB both ways, then it's a further cost savings to what I posted earlier.

Please let me know the cost of the train ride there so I can tally everything up.  Thanks.

rgeczi

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »

Well, I did it.  I finally decided how I plan on getting my butt down to HK.

Flight to Shenzhen from Hefei, then ferry over to near Kowloon.  And that's it.  My flight leaves tomorrow, but I am EXTREMELY stressed about what I have been hearing the past couple of days.  I heard that traffic to the airport is horrendous, due to some roadwork or whatever.  Can someone confirm or deny this?

My flight is for around 10:00am tomorrow morning, and I planned on leaving from Fei Cui Yuan around 8:00am, but then people told me that's "cutting it close", so they suggested 7:00am.  Again, anyone know of anything going nutty at the moment in terms of roadwork from here to there?  Also keep in mind the time of day I plan on going.

Much appreciated, guys.

rgeczi

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »

Thanks.

Ok, I will leave around 7:00 or try for earlier.

Crazy.  I RARELY leave my house, and the day I do, I have to go through this nutty situation early in the morning.  Oh well. 

Life in Hefei I guess, at the moment.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »

That's what happens when you try to cheat life of its vengeance.  It gangs up on you and waits for you to have to venture out.  ;D 

You need to taste what we have to put up with every day.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

rgeczi

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 05:40:49 AM »

Mike, I just had a thought.  Maybe you can add a Hong and Macau message thread, where people can post info about their trip there, which might help out other people.  I spoke with another foreigner here who never even heard of Chung King Mansions for example, which could have been valuable info had he known.

Was just a thought.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
Hefeiexpat to Hong Kong
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:39:49 PM by Aussie Mike »

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »

The calculator doesn't include toll.  If 4 people travel by the same taxi, it's cheaper than the bus.

x0vash0x

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:22 AM »

I tested the taxi fare calculator with some common routes I take. It seems pretty accurate around the city area. However it estimates the cost to get to Xinqiao (from Luyang) at 63 yuan, which is a little inaccurate.

It usually costs me around 80RMB + 10RMB road toll for a straight run. It has never cost 100RMB, but I guess it could if the traffic is heavy.

Traveling from Binhu is 100+ RMB, easily.

rgeczi

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »

Well, this sucks.

I paid 130RMB from around Hu Po area, to the airport.  And I doubt the guy tricked the meter out, when he saw me.  There was traffic along the way, mind you, as I went around 7:30am.   So, that could have been it.  Also, add the 10RMB to the total, making it 140RMB.

MariaGer

• View Profile
    • Email
-
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 09:22:34 PM »

Hotel Vismayah on Soi 43 King Keaw Rd charge B50 per day and their Bus to Suvarnabhumi is B100. Parking opposite the Hotel under cover. 7 mins from Airport and easy to find - take the 1st U-turn going south on KK Rd - then back 1km going North for Soi 43
Pages: [1]   Go Up