Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mooving to Hefei  (Read 4892 times)

Adam_UK

• View Profile
    • Email
Mooving to Hefei
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

Hi

I'm moving to Hefei in March to start a job and I need to move my stuff out there. Does anyone know the best way of doing this? I know China is overrun with bureaucracy and so it may be complicated. My Visa should be sorted very soon though.

The things I want to ship out are books, clothes, electronic items (PS3, Speakers, Computer Screen) and a guitar. Has anyone ever done this by posting it using say, DHL or USPS?

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. I'll sort out the social side of things later on...

Thanks

Adam
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:48:15 AM by Aussie Mike »

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
Re: Post here first, I can move it to the appropriate section.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »

Crown Relocators in Nanjing can help.  Ask for Simon

Crown relocation's at http://www.crownrelo.com in Nanjing.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

zdd323

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

I'm moving to Hefei in March with a friend to teach English.  We won't have a car.  Will it be difficult to get around?  Is the public transit very good?  Or is the city very walkable?

Any advise would be appreciated.  I'm excited to move, but don't know much about the city.
hi,i am a chinese in hefei,i can be your guider and want make friends of u.maybe i can help u.if u wanna contact me call me 13856985750

USAGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

I am moving to Hefei next week and I am bringing an unlocked Iphone 5.  What is the best cell phone service to get that included data?  Is there a prepaid plan that I can get that has minutes/text/data?  If so, how much is it?

The phone is a Verizon Wireless (US carrier).  I don't know if that makes a difference with which type of SIM card I can get.

Thanks

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:09:03 AM »

I suggest you use China Mobile. They have an account which does not run out before the end of the month.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

Adam_UK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Hi Guys

I need some advice. I have a job that I'm hoping to start in Hefei in the next month or so but I'm having trouble getting my visa sorted. What I'm missing is the foreign expert licence and I have the alien employment licence and the duly authorised invitation. M<y new employer is suggesting since it's hard to apply for a z-visa to instead apply for an f-visa and come over on that. I was just wondering whether people knew that if I am going to work in China should I be coming over with a z-visa and if I came over on an f-visa this would create a huge amount of problems for me?

Any advice would help.

Thanks

Adam

Adam_UK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses and the offer of help. I am actually not a teacher but I have research post in the Institute of Solid State Physics in Hefei, so I would have thought I'd qualify for a foreign expert licence.

The response from the ISSP itself is:

"I apologize for the last email as it was not written clearly. We have accepted you to join ISSP as a post doc so the only remaining things left are simply paperwork.

Basically, after confirming with our Human Resources department, our insititution does not issue Z-type visas to post-doctorals, it is a policy of ours. The main reason is because we cannot issue you a contract of employment because in order to do that, we have to conduct medical examinations and other complex procedures so everything becomes extremely complicated. The F-type visa is the easiest for us to process and should not pose any problems. We have had many visiting scholars and post-docs visit HFCAS before and all of them came with an F-type visa.

So to reinforce what Ms. Zhang said in the previous email:
1. Apply for a 90-day visa at the Embassy/Consulate of China
2. Arrive at ISSP and go through all the necessary paper work (which includes a 10- 15 min. presentation) and medical examination;
3. We will take you to the Exit and Entry Administartion to apply for a long term stay permit which will not present any problems on your stay in China (keep in mind you will still be with your F-visa)."

So I'm not sure for a 2 year postdoctoral research position whether I could earn money and work on an f-visa.

Thanks

Adam

x0vash0x

• Long Term Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »

So, you don't have an employment contract....

I assume you're getting paid. However, they don't want you offer you an employment contract, because once they do it makes more work for them.

It makes sense. They're going to give you an F Visa for the maximum 12 amount of time possible and not give you a work contract.... Not that contracts mean much here in many cases.

You could always find part time work and try to arrange to get a Z Visa that way.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 03:41:32 AM »

It is extremely inadvisable to come to China to work on anything other than a Z-visa. I would question your prospective employer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up