Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job opportunities on arrival?  (Read 2150 times)

Bonny_Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Email
Job opportunities on arrival?
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »

Hi there, google after a few twists and turns pointed me here.

I'd been teaching in Thailand/Vietnam for a couple of years, during which I met my girlfriend (who is from Hefei and a Mandarin teacher, currently working in a Hefei bank). I am currently in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa, working as a farmhand near Perth.

My Australian visa runs out in around 6 weeks, and I had originally intended to do the second year and save a big chunk more money, but I miss the girlfriend far too much. Nothing makes you miss someone more than being in a very isolated rural area I can tell you.

Anyway, Hefei sounds like a paradise compared to Shanghai, and from the brief descriptions I've read seems similar to a few of the towns I've lived in in Thailand/Vietnam, so I think the wisest thing to do would be to come to Hefei.

I'd be hoping for language centre work, but I'm worried that I've left it a bit late for finding a school and getting a Z-visa lined up (I work out bush 2 hours north of Perth, with next to no phone signal, which slows everything down unfortunately). I saw that 'Kaibo' was interested in staff a few months back, although I'm not sure in what capacity.

I'm just curious how feasible it would be for a NES British 26 year old to find work. If it turned in to a one month holiday and I went back to Australia it wouldn't be the end of the world, and my Chinese would certainly improve, but I would like to be earning (and hopefully working legally) if I can.

Anyway, any opinions, criticisms or directions would be handy.

Regards,

Richard

Bonny_Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Job opportunities on arrival?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »

Hi guys, thanks for the couple of replies I have already received. I feel much less apprehensive already.

Can I ask that you directly message me to my email address (Richardjohnamess@gmail.com) or post in this thread (possibly with a return email address), as I'm going back out bush later on today and I am not too sure how well my phone will handle the captcha system on here (if and when I get signal... the joys of rural living).

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:07 AM »

I'm now working at NDI and can say it is good to work for.
They really do try to help. they have a number of schools and are looking for teacher for all centres.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

Bonny_Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »

Thanks Mike, that is very reassuring.

I am just finishing off my email application before I run to the farm, but assuming they like what they see, I think it would be a very good opportunity for me, and I'm very optimistic.

Good to see there is a good friendly community of ex-pats in the city too, that always goes a long way to your overall enjoyment of a place.

Hopefully I'll get to see you all very soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up