Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: David Lu - Aust-china English Training School  (Read 16865 times)

Toffa

• View Profile
David Lu - Aust-china English Training School
« on: August 29, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »

I have been in Hefei for 2 months so far. The first 2 months were a complete night mare thanks to David Lu and his shitty, smelly little school. Many of you will know him and have probably worked for him before. I thought I would warn those that haven't.

I was promised a fully furnished house. 2 months later and all I had was a bed. For my first week I had to bath in a bucket of water. Lucky the school smelt so bad the kids didn't notice my stenching pits.
I was warned about him not paying about a week before pay day. Wasn't really willing to leave and receive nothing with one week left. In the end the people that warned me were right. David Lu currently owes me about 10 000 yuan. Which I will not get because he has disappeared. The Chinese teachers have told me that they think he has run away. So maybe this warning is to late or pointless.

Beware of a short fat man that says yeah em em em yeah em em em.

rgeczi

• Long Term Member
    • MSN Messenger - rgeczi888@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gsigroup88@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Teaching Foreign Languages Abroad Association
    • Email
Re: David Lu - Aust-china English Training School
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:13:36 AM »

I know him very well.  I worked for a company called "Sino-Can Bilingual Kindergarten" for the 2002-2003 school year.  It was my first year in China.  At the time, the foreign department was handled by a Canadian expat, and the salary was paid by David.  We never had a problem with salary in terms of late payments or whatnot, but this was a long time ago, and with a different setup.  After Sino-Can quit doing there thing at that location, David started up this Aus.-China school, the one you are talking about.  This was his own venture, from what I knew of, so without the help from an expat to keep an eye on things at the management level, maybe things did go downhill. 

I met him at a market near the school there, and he took me back to show me around.  At the time, I didn't think it was too bad, but then again, maybe things went downhill after that.  Well, if any bad things happen, I hope they don't reflect a worker that I know worker there, possibly managed it to some extent as well.  Her english name is Hillary.

Toffa, I think you know who I am talking about.  Was she still there when you taught?  This is just something I would like to know, not someone I am trying to track down.

Anyways, good luck with your situation.
tflaa.com - Site for teachers AND getmeajob.biz

Toffa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:54:52 AM »

Yeah Tim, You summed him up pretty well. I spoke to Aussie Mike about him. His story is just as bad as mine.

Rgeczi, Hilary was not working there when I was there. She obviously got out before me.

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:40 AM »

lol, same DAVID,!!!!

i got a friend who he owes like 15k.
he even moved from his house some weeks ago and now nowhere to be found.

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »

Lmao!
a full profile!!

Observer

• Eyeballling life
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »

This Man is nothing but a criminal.

His history is proof of this.

This man needs to be shut down or possibly even put down.

Chinese staff, as well and foreign staff are rarely paid on time or in full.

There are many more stories which have not been published.

His website is impressive with features about false advertising and photos with PSB officials and many good looking white foreigners teaching in clean, bright, attractive classrooms.  He features more white female foreigners on his website than there are in Hefei.

This man and his school should be avoided unless you like to work for free or hand money over for servises which will never be delivered.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

My advice from experience is...

Steer well clear of this man.

He is a compulsive l liar.
The company itself called me but nothing was followed through.

In my contract dealings with the operator, he has demonstrated that he is not trustworthy and conducts business in a very dishonest manner.  I’m posting this complaint as I believe that all foreigners and relevant government departments should be made aware of this man to prevent the dilemmas and expense that he has brought upon me.

Throughout my contract period, David consistently mislead, distorted perspectives and blatantly lied about any issue that was raised. A continuous issue was payment. Whenever it was time to collect, on the occasion when David could be found, he always had reasons why he couldn’t pay and consistently tried to underpay, he continuously delayed payments for months. He did this with all staff and continues this trait today.

Although I spent most of my contract time dealing with his compulsive lying and overdue salary, the main issue I have with this man relates to the end of the contract period when I requested a number of things including,

1.   all my documents
2.   all my teaching resources be returned to me
3.   my overdue salaries be paid in full
4.   for him to give me the required letter of employment for me to be able to sign a contract with a different school and apply for a new Foreign Expert’s Certificate and Visa.

He refused to co-operate. 

1.   He would not answer or return calls or messages. 
2.   He withheld my original University Degrees and told me he did not have them.
3.   He refused to return my personal possessions, an extensive collection of teaching resources and told me he didn’t know where they were.
4.   He refused to write the required letter and told me, if he did, he would only write bad things.
5.   He refused to pay money owed.

David was fully aware that I was negotiating a contract with another school and that I required my original degrees and the letter of employment to process my applications as he was also aware of the expiry date for my visa.

After many attempts via intermediaries, David agreed to write the letter however;
•   I had to forfeit my due salary.
•   I had pay him another RMB1800. (1800 being a lucky number in China).
•   He continued to deny he had my degrees and
•   He still claimed he did not know where my possessions were.

With this letter, my Foreign Experts Certificate application could be processed but was stopped on the day my visa expired, due to not being able to produce the original teaching degrees.

In early May, 2 weeks after my visa expired, David contacted me and said he had my degrees and requested that I judge an English competition for him.  I have to think that he deliberately withheld my degrees till after my visa expired and only offered them back to me as an incentive to be a judge and possibly to show he had control.  He still claims he does not know where my possessions are.

The consequence of his actions has caused excessive concern and stress for many people and has amounted to a personal cost in excess of 10,000 RMB as well as creating a difficult relationship with the new school I contract to but more importantly, the difficulties created and time spent by the government departments to resolve these visa issues.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

Observer

• Eyeballling life
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:59:21 AM »

This man had a foreigner deported.

Mr Lu owed the foreigner a large amount of money but refused to pay it.
When the foreigner went to Mr Lu's place he got upset and was removed by the police and deported.

It seems difficult to talk with this man without losing your cool.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

I heard that the doors are already closed.

However, the owners of the franchise had to keep hin employed because he had all the information of the school and he would not release it to the rightful owners unless they kept him employed, so they gave hin a position away from the public.

Still the school closed!

The owners did not do what they promised me they would do.

I still do not have any of my teaching resources or money owed, or any confidence that this school is of any reputation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For this reason and many other situations experienced by foreigners, I've decided to create a section for ranking schools.
Some schools are really good to work for... We need to hear about them.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »

The last I heard is that this man had to leave Hefei. No forwarding address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up