Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will postcards be stolen?  (Read 5853 times)

Virginia9742

• Known Member
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
    • Email
Will postcards be stolen?
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:06:22 AM »

I have a lot of postcards I want to send home, and I have covered them in cool looking stamps and art.  I am just wondering if they will be stolen?  I wasn't thinking this until my Chinese friend told me he thought they would be stolen at the post office...

Joeyhf

• View Profile
Re: Will postcards be stolen?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 03:44:29 AM »

I sent a lot of postcards from Hefei and all reached destination.You can put postcards in envelope . No one can see what is inside.   :)
Don't have negative experience with China post so far.
cheers :)

Virginia9742

• Known Member
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

Well, there was about 50 RMB in postage, which I imagine could be peeled or cut off, so not a bad haul for certain people.

MeiYouPengYou

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:32:33 PM »

I sent several postcards to my parents in law from Canada and the US and none of them arrived, so maybe it only works one direction.
A new hope with regards to life's feast.

TSS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »

When I write letters to china and to Australia I write the recipients address twice. Once in Chinese and once in English.

If china post doesn't understand English they can refer to the Chinese written address. If Australia post doesn't understand Chinese they can refer to the English written address.

Try that next time and hopefully mail will be delivered.

MeiYouPengYou

• Standing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 02:24:52 AM »

When I write letters to china and to Australia I write the recipients address twice. Once in Chinese and once in English.

If china post doesn't understand English they can refer to the Chinese written address. If Australia post doesn't understand Chinese they can refer to the English written address.

Try that next time and hopefully mail will be delivered.

Actually, I did do that. I think the issue is that they were postcards sent from landmarks that random, zitty Zhous at the Chinese post office will never go to and with messages written in an international language that they will never speak. It's like stealing a memory you'll never be able to create for yourself. I once saw a Twilight Zone episode about a machine that could do something similar.  :P
A new hope with regards to life's feast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up