Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the most popular expat bar?  (Read 8313 times)

cameron326

• View Profile
What's the most popular expat bar?
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »

am going to be spending a fair bit of time in Hefei this year and would be nice to meet a few new people for some English chitchat.  I've dropped into a few bars - Madisons, Knights Bar, Morgans all seemed fairly good for practising my drunken Chinese, yet I still havent met seen many foreigners in Hefei  besides one or two looking bored wandering the floor of Wanda. pizza hut/Kfcs. Where's the best place to meet a few new people, and when? I'm not usually around on weekends unfortunately, so where's decent during the week?

Of the bars I mentioned above,  I especially like the homemade beer on tap at Madison's, my favourite of the three. Knights bar was dead, although maybe it was due to being during the week. Didn't think much of the gloomy/bored bar service either, although from my experience you get that a fair bit in China. Morgans was nice and chilled, although also very quiet. Went into a couple of the clubs near the lobster street (phebes? Baidu?cant remember)- not really my thing and seeing a warm Budweiser at 40rmb was the cheapest thing on the menu, I'll have to be dragged bac kicking and screaming (or suitably inebriated).

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
Re: What's the most popular expat bar?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »

There is not one bar most popular although Knights bar, Pheobe, MGM are frequented most often.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

yevi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:07 AM »

Hi , Have you got any information about this? I am a studen in university of science and technology of china. like meeting new people as well, if things go right, we might hang out together.
Good luck, buddy.

am going to be spending a fair bit of time in Hefei this year and would be nice to meet a few new people for some English chitchat.  I've dropped into a few bars - Madisons, Knights Bar, Morgans all seemed fairly good for practising my drunken Chinese, yet I still havent met seen many foreigners in Hefei  besides one or two looking bored wandering the floor of Wanda. pizza hut/Kfcs. Where's the best place to meet a few new people, and when? I'm not usually around on weekends unfortunately, so where's decent during the week?

Of the bars I mentioned above,  I especially like the homemade beer on tap at Madison's, my favourite of the three. Knights bar was dead, although maybe it was due to being during the week. Didn't think much of the gloomy/bored bar service either, although from my experience you get that a fair bit in China. Morgans was nice and chilled, although also very quiet. Went into a couple of the clubs near the lobster street (phebes? Baidu?cant remember)- not really my thing and seeing a warm Budweiser at 40rmb was the cheapest thing on the menu, I'll have to be dragged bac kicking and screaming (or suitably inebriated).

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »

There is no set rule for popular spots, what can be hot today could be dead tomorrow.
I'm sure you'll make a few friends on this site and network from here.

I'll be back soon and will organise a few gatherings then.
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

TY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »

Is madison closed or shifted? Do let me know if there's a new address, miss this place...

martin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »

what about the shipyard? thats an OK expat bar, i've been there and quite peaceful ,while phoebe and knights bar are abit loud or rather noisy if one wishes to communicate and relax

Where is the Shipyard located?
Pages: [1]   Go Up