Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to the old site  (Read 9583 times)

FerryDubbers

What happened to the old site
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:41:13 AM »

What happened with teh old Hefei Expat site?

WhitDeMuerta

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »

Yeah what happened? the last 4 months theres been nothing!

majiren

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hefei Expat
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:14:52 AM »

Ok, I shall put it here and lock this puppy up... (email me if you want to get intouch)

Basically my laptop hard drive crashed with all the backups on. I had bought a new laptop but since the website had been going for over 2 years without a single hitch, my initial thoughts were not "shit lets back this up.." - hindsight!

Anyway there was another "work in progress" hefeiexpat website I had on the go in the background, some of you may have seen it (it was in progress for a loong time!)

I was using a script on that sight that was exploited... "noah's classified ads" plugin for joomla - for anyone thats interested. This script was exploited buy some guys who then uploaded their web scripts that A. acted as one of their many mail servers/spammers (the server started spitting out 100k of emails) B. acted as some sort of phishing website. So midphase (my previous hosting provider) took action and shut down all my access....

Now usually midphase automatically do regular backups (one of the main reasons I pay a webhosting company), but since I couldn't get in and do it myself (notifying me so I could delete the offending content, or simply doing it themselves was apparently not the option?!?) there was simply nothing I could do and had to rely on their daily/weekly/monthly backups.... (obviously having a local backup would of helped) I had emailed them numerous times....  end of the day they came back to me and said all their backups were blank.... what can you do?!

:-\  :-X
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:17:53 AM by majiren »

BjB

Gone, but still kind of there...
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »

Hey guys.. the old site got lost, but not without leaving it's "footprints" in the big internet archive... :D

Try the "wayback machine" on http://www.archive.org if you want to feel a little nostalgic ...  ::)

diplo77

• View Profile
Re: What happened to the old site
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 11:42:43 AM »

Where's the link to the new site again? our site
driveway repair greenville sc

petersongame217

• View Profile
Re: What happened to the old site
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »

Where's the new site? I want to visit and register. carpet cleaning columbia sc
Pages: [1]   Go Up