Hefei Expat - China

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HFConnect
The Events, News and Sports APP for visitors in Hefei.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Post here first, I can move it to the appropriate section.  (Read 35764 times)

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
Post here first, I can move it to the appropriate section.
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »

Keep posting here so I can move them when they have been responded to.

Thanks to those users who contribute so much, we are all volunteers.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:44:35 AM by Aussie Mike »
My Focus is Australia China Import Export People and Products

Oiwon

Re: Post here first, I can move it to the appropriate section.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:37:05 AM »

Hi there, i didn't know where to post this question so i guess i'll just post it here and hopefully I get a reply.

Has anyone ever heard of V-Ron International School? Looking for an opinion here. I may accept a teaching job with the in Hefei. Also I don't know much about this city, though I have been to China several times. Can you tell me the pros/cons and maybe your favorite places to visit? I'll be here for 6 months. Thanks

x0vash0x

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:12 PM »

Never heard of V-Ron. There's a ton of small ESL Schools, so probably one of the smaller ones.

Hefei is a small, but fast growing city. The majority of foreigners tend to be students, but with a sizeable minority of working professionals. Favourite places to visit usually included Shipyard and a few other bars and restaurants. If you come, you'll probably find a small group of foreigners to hang out with, and you'll find your own niche and do whatever they do. Play soccer, go out to eat, shop.

We did just get a MixC which is my new favourite mall.

Dr-Umair

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:02:47 PM »

Anyone can help me to join English community. New in Hefei and can not speak Chinese. just got number  15155171556.

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:25 AM »

Get the Hefeiconnect APPP and WeChat.  I can add you to some groups. Use my phone number to find me on WeChat.

russ

3Q's - Non-Native Positions - MMA/Boxing Jitsu - community
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:06 PM »

Hi; I've got a job offer in Hefei. (when i know the full details i'll ask you about the school)

Question 1 - My girlfriend is a non-native with an English degree, do you know any schools that can or will take her legally

Question 2 - Do you know if there are any MMA, boxing or jitsu gyms?

Question 3 - is there an active & diverse (large) expat community?

Thanks

Russ  :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:29:40 AM by Aussie Mike »

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 01:31:21 AM »

It's getting harder for non-native English speakers to get Teaching jobs but still plen r around if she's good.

There arr a few foreigners who have their own training room set up.

Yes,there are many social circle groups here.

shellybeans44

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »

Hi Mike, do you know why my post about the school and our possible move was deleted from the forum? There were some detailed answers but I can't refer back to them.  My husband has been to Hefei and visited the school now but I still have some more questions if anyone can get me in touch with someone connected with the school in any way?  Thanks, Michelle

x0vash0x

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:28:19 AM »

What did your husband think of the school?

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 04:23:44 AM »

It likely got deleted by mistake when I clear spamming posts.
Sorry about that.

shellybeans44

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »

Thanks for answering, Mike.  He said it looked fantastic.  Sadly he got here right as the buses were leaving on the last day of school of the year so it wasn't the best time for a tour but he was very impressed with the facility and said that James(?) who showed him around was really nice and enthusiastic.  He was only in Hefei for a day but he said he could imagine us there.  I'd just really, really, REALLY like to talk to someone who is a parent at the school but it is seeming an impossible task to find one. If you have any leads I'd be very grateful.  Thanks again, Michelle

x0vash0x

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »

Glad your husband liked it. The facilities are very nice, indeed. I don't know of any expat parents, otherwise I'd give you their contact. Have you thought about asking Peggy (Head of the School) for parent contact information?

Seems like you're thinking more about Hefei, rather than a bigger city.

shellybeans44

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »

Thanks x0vashx0, That was such an obvious suggestion but one I hadn't managed to come up with on my own.  I've messaged her this morning and she's put me in touch with a parent!  ;D

OldSport

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 01:22:57 AM »

I'm looking to finish writing a book and am thinking of moving to Hefei for a year to do this but I have questions. For one, how could I legally stay in China without having to log 40+ hours a week at a job? I don't mind getting some part time work, but I'd like to devote most of my time to writing. Can anyone suggest an option for me? I'm travelling alone. Also I'm wondering what things in general cost. I'd like a decent one bedroom apartment, but aside from this I'd live very humbly and likely never go out. I have enough clothes and I cut my own hair. Would 1000 RMB be enough for grocery food/toiletries/electricity/water/internet every month? Just trying to budget the savings I have.

I'm sorry if any of this has been asked before. I'm new to China and to this website, so not sure exactly where to find this info. Thank you.

x0vash0x

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 05:11:58 AM »

Almost no job requires 40+ hours. No idea where you got that from. Most ESL jobs max at 20Hrs/Wk. If you get an ESL training school job, you'll get a visa, and work no more than 20Hrs/Wk. So, basically, that's the quickest, easiest, way for you to get to Hefei legally and do minimal amount of work.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up