Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Professionals in Hefei
Business Network Group
Entrepeneurs and all professionals.
professionals.inhefei.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Moving" to Hefei soon  (Read 537 times)

jmad33

• View Profile
"Moving" to Hefei soon
« on: June 02, 2018, 04:03:43 AM »

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and will provide a bit of an introduction before I dig in to my questions.

My name is Jason, I work as a consultant for the construction of a specific type of building; one of which is being constructed in Hefei.  I am currently living in Singapore, and will be "moving" to Hefei soon, to concentrate on that project.  I am single, and trying to live a minimalist lifestyle, but still find it hard to part with some things that tend to get dragged along with me.
I will remain working directly for my small company in the US, our contract is through a company that has both Chinese and US divisions.  This company is supposed to provide my living and travel accommodations, but are failing at this (more about that soon). 
I am trying to learn Mandarin, but struggle to grasp some aspects and frankly do not spend enough time currently.  I am a constant language learner (not perfecter), so this will always be at the front of my mind, and hopefully my efforts.

I keep adding "" around "moving", because I will not be permanently living here, I have a 60 day visa, and will be traveling for work and/or personal trips much more frequent than that duration anyways.
The company we are contracted through has rented an apartment for me that is near the work site, I guess it may be the Changning area - well, it is quite a bit West of the city center and by my standards, a bit rural.  There are very few restaurants around, one tiny market, and one mall a few miles away.  I mentioned that I do not speak Mandarin yet, and I find it very hard to stay here on my short trips so far.

I am hoping that somebody could help me to identify some areas that would be a little more expat friendly, and hopefully have the ability for me to find a suitable market, gym, restaurants/bars, etc.  I know the language barrier will be constant, but feel like the establishments is other areas are more able to briefly communicate in English.
I do not want to stay in a hotel for the next 7 months, but if I cannot find a middle ground, then this might by my only option.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jason M.
------------- ------------- -------------
Nevada, USA --> Arizona, USA --> New York City, USA --> Singapore --> Hefei, China

Aussie Mike

• +86 138 667 39353
  • Administrator
  • Long Term Member
  • Love Life, Live Life, Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Profile
Re: "Moving" to Hefei soon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 07:47:06 AM »

Hi Jason,
Yes we can help.

My WeChat is my mobile number.